What Do We Do?
Soroptimist International of Saguaro Foothills was established in the spring of 1973 by a group of committed women in the Desert Foothills of the Phoenix metro area. Our Soroptimist International charter was granted on May 12, 1973 with eighteen charter members.
Since the club’s inception, SI Saguaro Foothills has been devoted to working on projects in the Carefree, Cave Creek, North Phoenix, and North Scottsdale area dedicated to helping women and girls.
- For several years we have provided school children with backpacks filled with school supplies to start the new school year
- We provide a scholarship to a graduating senior girl who will continue her education in college
- Our club proudly sponsors a "Dream It Be It" Workshop at a regional high school to help mentor high school girls as they plan their future careers
- For 40 years we have held a Spaghetti Dinner in Cave Creek to raise funds for our programs. Other fundraising events include hosting Bunco Events, Adopt-Families at Christmas, and a Spring Fundraiser.
We are a proud participant in Scholarship Award Programs including:
Interested in becoming a Soroptimist? Click here Contact Us
- Mary Margaret Laibe Award
- Violet Richardson Award
- Women’s Opportunity Award
- We also honor a local women with the Ruby Award to recognize her contributions to the community